Coco asked me yesterday how I kept track of everything for the “weekly audit” review I posted.
In reality, I don’t normally keep track of my week exactly according to those categories. Yesterday morning I sat down in a special attempt to do a weekly audit, and brainstormed those 7 categories as general areas of my life that I care about.
(Which were: 1. Time Alone/ Quality time alone 2. Quality time with husband 3. Quality time with kids 4. Family Time 5. Exercise 6. Productivity/ Getting Stuff Done and 7. Work)
I just pulled out a sheet of scratch paper, wrote down each category and then flipped through my planner and journal to review what I did that week.
Between events on my calendar and the stuff I record in my journal, I cover most major (and minor😆) events!
I’ve shared these pages before, but here is today’s journal page (minus the more personal written recap/ thoughts/ notes which go up top (not yet done):
So if next week I were to look back on Monday, 10/25, I could pull out the following:
- shoulder/triceps workout (EXERCISE)
- hot tub maintenance (PRODUCTIVITY)
- made dinner (PRODUCTIVITY)
- got groceries (PRODUCTIVITY)
- spent 1:1 time with Ethan/ talking while shopping (QUALITY TIME)
I also might add in my written recap (since I didn’t add to the bullet points):
- read book in a.m. with tea (TIME ALONE)
In other news:
1. It is very, very dark outside! I never mind the dark mornings and nights- I really don’t! I actually LIKE them. It feels cozy. But, I will admit I have a harder time waking up when it feels like 2 a.m. when my alarm goes off. Also, when birds are chirping outside, it always seems much easier to get up. They have also taken to sleeping in, I guess, because it’s silent and pitch black outside in the 5- 5:30 a.m. timeframe when I get up.
2. A few weeks ago we took the boys to get their passports renewed, as they expired this fall. They came in the mail yesterday!!! YAY! Spoiler….2022
may WILL include some international travel!! Potentially more than once. I won’t say any more in fear of JINXING it, but fingers crossed.
Ivan took the boys over to Walgreens to get new passport photos taken the day before the passport appointment at the post office. Apparently Asher had worn a white polo shirt (I didn’t see what they had put on before they left) and you can’t wear a white shirt for a photo with a white background…...
So Ethan took his picture in the black polo he was wearing, and then had to take his shirt off, give it to ASHER to put on for his picture (since they told him he couldn’t wear the white!)….and now they look like identical twins in their photos. 😆😆. Ethan was not amused with the whole situation at all and says he is going to be embarrassed when we travel. I assured him the TSA agents will not likely comment on the fact that they are wearing the same polo shirt in the photos. HA. (Side by side though, the pics are REALLY similar!! So it is pretty funny. lol!)
I would share the photos but I feel like I should probably not share their passport photos on the internet. 🙂
Bonus pic- my grocery buddy last night!! (Also felt like we were leaving to go grocery shopping at midnight, although it was only 7 p.m….(also pitch black outside by 7….):
I am grateful to have plenty of money to buy groceries. This is a recurring gratitude item, worth repeating. 🙂