This was a nice, variety-filled weekend. Got some things accomplished and had some fun, so, win-win.
- Me + Asher- to early swim practice (7 am) at the farther-away pool, so we left home by 6:30. Forgot my phone at home (grrrr……), so my laptop I brought along to do things on while I waited in the car was useless, because I had no internet. (Planned to connect to my phone’s hotspot…). Updated my journal and read a book instead!
- Ivan + Ethan- also out the door early. Ethan had to work 7-11 a.m.
- Home from swim, spent a couple hours starting to organize the volunteer list for Asher’s swim team’s 1st upcoming home swim meet in October. Yes, I agreed to be the Volunteer Coordinator for one. more. season. And then I SWEAR I am done for real this time.
- Picked up E from work, quick shower, and we all headed to Ethan’s 2 pm soccer game ~50 minutes away. Got slightly lost- address was bad. Finally made it. Good game and my parents met up with us! (Game was relatively near their house.)
- Post- game, went to an earlier dinner at a Brewhaus nearby. Got pizza and beer and it was really, really good. Greatly enjoyed a relaxed dinner chatting with my parents for a while.
- Drove home. Brought my mom home to stay with us for a few days!
- Spent too long browsing Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and HBO Max. (OMG the movie overwhelm is so real….. so many options and it is so confusing. Can we plz bring back Blockbsuter?) Finally settled on a movie called Soccer Mom on Netflix from 2008. It was cute and funny and unrealistic and perfectly enjoyable. lol!
- Up early (again)- Ethan worked again from 7-11. My mom and I dropped him off and just went for a little drive! It was a pretty morning. Circled back to go through McDonald’s drive thru to see Ethan at the window. Haha! So cute. 🙂
- Ran into grocery store for a few things. Bought these pumpkins!
- Spent some more time fiddling around with swim meet planning- had to draft a team email and some other stuff.
- Puttered around the house for a long time with mom. Dragged out all the fall/ Halloween decorations.
- I sorted through the boxes and my mom completed the nagging task I’ve been avoiding, which was to take down Asher’s new bedroom curtains and IRON THEM. They came with deep wrinkles, but I ignored that and hung them up anyway. And now it had been annoying me for months. I commented recently to Asher about the wrinkles, and he said, “That seems like a “Grandma Task”. To which I replied, “You know, you’re right. That does seem like a Grandma Task.” 😆 (In case this seems weird, I swear, she likes helping with random stuff when she comes to visit….)
- Ivan and Ethan headed off around noon for another soccer game. Operation “Make the House Look Like Fall/ Halloween” continued for me.
- I put up quite a bit, but reserved some favorite decorations for when both boys can help finish up.
Sneak peak of some lighted decor (inside):
- ~2 pm: Went to gym for Legs and Abs workout. Got a teeny bit off my schedule the last couple of days- work was busy Thursday/Friday. But I jumped right back up on the saddle and will not derail my plan due to a slight detour off the path!
- 4 pm: Asher had an intown soccer game. My mom and I went to that. After a couple recent rough games, they WON and Asher played well, scoring 2 goals. He was all smiles. Apparently he is ALL IN now that he’s back to soccer. Whatever floats his boat!
- WEIRD cold front moved in right at the end of the game- check this out! Was blue sky and sunshine, and suddenly these dark clouds rolled in, and fast. It was creepy!!! Fortunately the game was ending. It didn’t really storm, just sort of brought much cooler temps and wind.
- Got home and made a home cooked, all from scratch dinner. Made a chicken parm + fettucine alfredo + green beans. Turned out delicious! Actually had a nice sit down dinner at the table for the first time in a while, with all 4 of us + my mom.
- Ended the night watching the Packers vs Tampa Bay (recorded, bc they played at same time as Asher did….). And staying up too late, but it was a great game!
- Missing from the weekend- cleaning out my inbox, organizing my calendar, getting “life” set up for this week…. oh well….
No school this Friday, so at least it’s a short week. (Well, for the boys.)
I am grateful that one of my best blog friends Coco had an amazing day at the Berlin marathon yesterday!! She crushed it. So proud of her!