Yay, Halloween was so much fun! I’m rather tired now, however, and I think teachers everywhere will be facing some sleepy children today, too. 🙂
Here are the highlights from our day yesterday:
- I ran some errands in the morning- grocery store/ Target. The cloudy morning turned sunny by the time I left the store, and the trees around here are still very beautiful!
On a whim I also noticed the newly stocked shelves with Christmas lights at Target. You keep hearing how supply will be short this year on things like this, so I grabbed a whole bunch (tried to calculate our outdoor lights set up + other various indoor strands we typically use, on the fly…). I don’t actually think we need all these lights, but I wanted to get my hands on some in case they run out early!! I am planning to inventory my actual stock this week of what still works, and then return what I don’t need ASAP.
- At home in the afternoon, we did a bunch of fun Halloween/ fall stuff. First, I lit my new pumpkin candle that Asher bought me for my birthday:
- Then, Ethan and I baked some cupcakes.
My mom helped frost them:
- After those were in the oven, we decided we had enough time to quick carve our pumpkins after all.
- I had to shower quickly and the boys got themselves ready to go. Ethan headed over to his friend’s in the neighborhood, and I dropped Asher at his friend’s house (with the other DC Villians). They all looked so good!!!
Here is Ethan in his Batman “costume”. (He has a black cape on his back, too. Hard to see in the pic.)
And here is Asher’s “Batman Scarecrow” costume!
This was the inspiration/ look he was modeling his own costume after:
Obviously not identical, but he did the best he could! He worked really hard to put it all together. 🙂 We had to buy the shoes, pants, hat, coat, burlap, rope, makeup, etc. Luckily, he had a flannel shirt already. Haha!
- While they were off trick or treating, I finished making the chili. We have a lot of leftovers!!! But that’s okay, because chili is great as leftovers.
- I wore my new Dia de los Muertos shirt:
- Ivan bought himself one, too. Actually he bought shirts for the boys as well- maybe tonight we can take a family pic. The kids’ are really cool.
- When the boys got home, they did the usual “sort the candy” and I made them pose for some pics outside with the jack o’lanterns on:
We ended up eating our traditional chili dinner a bit later than usual, but that’s okay. It was a very nice day!!!
How was your Halloween???
I am grateful for the little flashlight on my iphone. I use that thing ALL the time! So handy.