Hello! I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
I definitely did!! It was so nice. I’ll write a little Christmas recap this week, but I don’t have time this morning. Asher is at early swim practice and I don’t have that long before I need to go pick him up.
Just a few thoughts on the current state of things over here:
- Christmas is so fun. Christmas is also exhausting.
- I’m excited for a little stretch of some “downtime” now, kind of. The kids go back to school next Tuesday. We have some plans between now and then, but nothing earth shattering. I have no intent to touch the Christmas decorations yet. They can just stay up. I just need a little time to….. breathe now.
- My parents and I were musing over our holiday traditions and prep and how everything went. It all went really well, but we also all agreed that it ends up just feeling like a lot– and we don’t even host a huge family gathering!! Brainstorming if maybe some simplification is in order. Not massive simplification, but maybe just like…. not making as many types of cookies. Or limiting how many different appetizers we set out. Etc. Christmas Eve day still managed to end up feeling kind of hectic and a little too rushed- too many loose ends to tie up for my liking. I guess I’d prefer we somehow have everything “done” ahead of time so that Christmas Eve could be spent really just enjoying it all.
- I’m also excited to hopefully embark on a bit of another Body Reset. UGHH all the holiday food is so good, but it also kind of makes me feel….. gross. Sugar. Cheese. Fatty stuff. SODIUM. And I don’t even think I really went overboard eating crap, but I’m just anxious to reset. Also- WORKOUTS!!! They have been nonexistent in this past week or so. Argh. I am just dying to get back to: a) healthy foods b) consistent workouts!! and c) generally a less hectic schedule. I started last night by just walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes, which felt frankly amazing. The weather has been frigid and I’ve done zero walking, intentional movement or workouts, which naturally contributes to me feeling like a big blob, a sloth or some combination of the two.
- Also contemplating the new year!! I have done zero planning/ goal setting or anything of the sort yet. My new planner awaits, still blank. I may also sit down and answer these questions, as a fun end of year reflection exercise.
A couple pics:
In thinking about the new year, I really loved this prompt:
“Be careful what you practice”. That’s good! Am I going to practice healthy habits, healthy thoughts, a healthy lifestyle? Or am I going to practice being crabby, stressed, and eating junk? Practice makes perfect, and I probably don’t want to become perfect at those last three. 😉
Also, I got an Apple Watch for Christmas!! Woohoo!!! I actually didn’t even ask for it, Ivan just got it for me. (I’m so not “techy”. But I am also the kind of person who just doesn’t even know things exist, but once I have them, I love them. lol!)
Seems amazing so far!!! I can see so many uses for it. And, I think it may actually decrease my time on my phone, because I can do things like check a quick text without being tempted to open Facebook and start scrolling, etc.
Finally- proof of my walk last night.
Okay, time to run and get Asher. Have a good one!
I am grateful for some warmer weather coming up so hopefully I can get back outside a little more. After my “outdoor every day” goal in November, December has been PATHETIC. Seriously, pathetic. I have barely been outside at all! 😩