Saturday was nice.
We had only one “anchor event” at 9:15, which was Ethan’s basketball game. After that, we didn’t have any plans. I did make a list of like 7 things I wanted to get done yesterday/ this weekend…but I ended up checking off only 2 (so far). The weekend isn’t over. 🙂
However, Asher has a swim meet this morning and we need to be there by 9:15. It’s scheduled to run until 2 pm. So that will eat up a bunch of the day. But, at least I don’t need to volunteer (we aren’t hosting) and it’s only 20 minutes away.
Breakfast w/ veggies:
Coco asked me the other day what I eat to incorporate veggies into my breakfasts (given my 2022 goal to eat a vegetable at every meal).
I snapped a pic on Friday morning. My current go-to breakfast has been two eggs, spinach and shredded Mexican cheese sprinkled on top. I make it in sort of a half omelet/ half over easy style. I just crack the eggs in the skillet and leave them alone, as if I were making sunny side up or over easy eggs. Then I sprinkle the spinach and cheese on top. Once it’s set a bit, I just fold it over until it’s relatively firm (to soften up the spinach and melt the cheese). When I’m done, the yolk is always still a little runny, so it’s like eating an over easy egg, but in omelet style! It’s delicious. I usually have a side of toast or 1/2 english muffin or something too.
The rest of Saturday:
I actually didn’t take pics of everything I did, so this title is a little misleading. 🙂
- No pics of Ethan at basketball. They lost (narrowly, and to a really good team!). Oh well.
- No pics while we cleaned up the house/ did a bunch of dishes.
- No pics while we searched our house high and low for Ivan’s wedding ring which is MISSING. The last he remembers he took it off and set it on the dresser a few days ago…which was kind of full of “stuff” that day…But we’ve looked under the dresser, behind the dresser, and everywhere in between and no sign of it. UGHHHHHHHH. He spent 2 hours I think looking yesterday. We are a little concerned that it could have somehow gotten bumped off and into the garbage can (!!!) next to the dresser- and the garbage went out Thursday.
- I had to run a few errands. 1st stop was library for some holds pickups. I grabbed them and was headed to check out, when I glanced across the library and saw a roaring fire in the fireplace in the Reading Room. I thought, “What’s my hurry?? To get to the grocery store? I need to sit for a few minutes.” 🙂 I had my current book in my purse anyway, so I plopped down in one of the big leather chairs and read a couple chapters. It was wonderful. 🙂
- No pics of the grocery store. I spent more at the grocery store than I think I have EVER spent in my life at the grocery store!!! I just watched a report on our local evening news the other night about the increased grocery prices, but I didn’t think too much of it. I guess they were right. Hmph. It was a record breaking trip for me, in a bad way. yay.
- I helped Asher clean his hamster’s cage (we cleaned Ethan’s hamster’s cage the other night). I had to stop and pick up hamster food at the pet food store too.
- No pics of going in the hot tub with Ivan at dusk. It was great from my side- the (very cold) wind was hitting his side of the tub though! The hot tub is awesome in cold weather, but wind can be an issue, depending on the direction it’s blowing.
- We spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics! Despite my maybe negative sounding follow-up yesterday, I still adore watching the Olympics. The excitement, the camaraderie between the athletes, the whole world coming together….I just love the athlete interviews too, hearing their stories. We watched figure skating (women’s team event- this one 15 year old from Russia was out of this world good!!) Then some crazy snowboarding, where they board down a hill and basically fly off a ramp and do these insane flips and stuff in the air….looks like a disaster waiting to happen, in my mind, but it’s still pretty incredible. The boys are really into watching the Olympics too and enjoy it a lot, which makes me happy.
Off to shower and get ready for swim meet now. Have a good rest of your weekend… 🙂
I am grateful for a good line up of books to read right now. More on my current reads later, but I’m grateful to the library and just for good books in general.