Yay, we made it! The first couple days were mostly just a long haul heading East, but we are officially in Vermont now.
After our hotel stop Saturday night, we basically just woke up, got ready, had the “grab and go” hotel breakfast and hit the road again.
I did zero driving this time around, thanks to my lovely husband saying, “I got it.” 🙂
Some highlights from Day 2:
* Driving across part of Pennsylvania and then across the entire state of New York.
* A random interesting fact- we drove through Troy, New York, which is apparently the original home of “Uncle Sam”. Huh! I always assumed he was just a made up cartoon guy whose initials U.S. = U.S. (of USA).
* Arrived to 1st stop of Bennington, Vermont. Stopped at a welcome center to grab a few maps/info. A very nice lady answered a few questions and was very helpful. Pretty views from there already had me excited for what was to come.
* Checked into our hotel, a little inn nestled out of town. Has a very quaint/Vermont-y feel and happy with the choice.
* We had dinner reservations at 7:30, so we took a short drive to check out the town and stopped at the Bennington Battle Monument. It had been cloudy but was clearing up, so I wanted to stop and see the monument as the sky lighting looked pretty. We are going back this morning to go to the top.
* Dinner at 7:30 at a restaurant “with views” (per their ads). Yep, they definitely had views from the deck! I was glad I reserved an outdoor table in advance.
I couldn’t stop taking pictures- it was so pretty!!
* full disclosure that everything is not always perfect… 😉 While the views were beautiful, as soon as the sun set, the mosquitoes come out in FULL FORCE!!! We were dying!! We finally had to ask to move indoors. Fortunately, we were almost done anyway, but it was a bit of a bummer. I guess they come with the territory and all those beautiful trees.
* Ended the night with Asher, Ivan and my dad playing some Texas Hold ‘en in our room. I was tired and had no interest in learning how to play, so I just laid on the bed and posted some pics on Facebook. Lol. 🙂
* Current view this morning from a screen porch gazebo at our inn:
Daily gratitude: I am grateful for a clear evening after some rain sprinkles on our way in.