Day 1 of our 2021 summer vacation is in the books!
Slightly anticlimactic, as the first day of a long road trip usually is. 🙂
It started like this, around 8:45 a.m:
Today’s highlights included….
* Driving through parts of Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and a smidge of Pennsylvania.
* Chicago traffic (not too bad on a Saturday, though!)
* A lunch stop at Chipotle that took way too long (thanks entire soccer team in line in front of us)
* A short but heavy rainstorm in Ohio
* Mild/moderate panic when I could NOT find a hotel room for us to stop at for the night!!!! We always just “wing” the first night, depending on how far we make it… well, everything from Cleveland to Erie was completely sold out. Finally found a Quality Inn on another highway that required a little detour, but it worked (and was LITERALLY the only option). phew! Definitely going to book something now for the way home.
* Made it to Hermitage, Pennsylvania with time to spare at a Buffalo Wild Wings for quick beers/appetizer snack before bed. My dad and Ivan were impressed with the local (new to them) beer selection, too and fit in several samples. 🙂
Next stop… Bennington, Vermont! Our first “real” stop of the trip.
Daily gratitude: I am grateful we finally found a hotel room last night!!! It was def not amazing but it was fine for a quick one night stop.