- I slept like total garbage last night. Sort of. I slept really great from 10 pm until 2 am, and then woke up. After laying there awake until ~4:20, I finally got up. In case you are wondering what time the birds wake up in my area (and start chirping), it is precisely 4:02 a.m. I kept thinking how grateful I am that I didn’t need to get up and go, say, perform surgery on someone today. Or even work a 12 hour hospital nursing shift. Hoping I can maybe squeeze in a little power nap at some point?
- Yesterday felt fragmented. I did another early morning grocery run, which was good. I got a slightly late start to the workday, though. Then, I had a flooring guy come over to fix something that got messed up on the install of our new kitchen flooring (over a year ago). This had been a persistent thorn in my side all year- despite repeated texts, emails, calls, cancelled appointments, I hadn’t been able to get these people back over to fix their mistake. FINALLY, it’s done. The guy apologized and said that the main reason he even came back at all was because I was always gracious and patient (despite constantly being given the run around…). Score one for me, I guess. 🙂 Kill ’em with kindness? 🤷♀️
- Ethan starts rock climbing back up again tonight. I hadn’t planned for him to do it in May (soccer season), but due to quarantining in April, they let us just shift that month (already paid for) to May. It’s not really ideal timing…I hadn’t fully realized soccer would be 3 nights a week this season. So now he has virtual piano on Mondays + soccer, Tuesday soccer, Wednesday rock climbing, Thursday soccer, Friday free, then soccer games on weekends. Makes for a full week for him, but I guess that’s okay. School is almost out! 1 more month for our boys.
- Dinner last night was tasty. I made some breaded pan fried tilapia and my favorite zucchini dish: zucchini, onion, tomato, corn, cheese. We had leftover Mexican rice (the orange kind! So good.).
- I’m feeling a tad unsure about some changes at work. My boss took a new position and will be leaving at the end of the month. Instead of refilling his role, they are going to hire another nurse data analyst, like myself. Just a lot of potential shifting of workloads, roles, training/onboarding a new person, plus the change of no longer really having a full time manager dedicated to our team. (The next higher up will take over, it sounds like, but she seems pretty stretched thin as is…so, not entirely sure how that will look.) I think it will all be fine, ultimately.
I guess that’s about it for my mid-week update. How is your week going?
Thought of the Day:
“Did you ever observe to whom the accidents happen? Chance favors only the prepared mind.”- Louis Pasteur
(Finally just finished the little book about him last night with Ethan. Pretty amazing guy and story.)
I am grateful for finally having that flooring issue resolved. Really, I am so relieved to have that little, nagging task complete.