- It was supposed to be a really busy day yesterday. Ethan had 2 volleyball games in the morning ( 8 and 10 am), and then Ivan was going to take him to a soccer tournament all afternoon (an hour away). Well, it snowed again, as it does on April 2 in Wisconsin sometimes. 🙄 So it ended up getting cancelled.
- (It’s back on for Day 2 today- slightly warmer and sun out today, and they’re playing on a turf field, not real grass). Ivan and Ethan had to leave by 6:15 a.m. though to make it there….his team got the very first game slot. UGH. I generally enjoy the boys’ activities and sports, but I am NOT a fan of the super-early-on-Sunday-morning game thing. Fortunately, Ivan volunteered to go, and I’ll stay back and go to Asher’s (much more reasonable) 2 pm volleyball game.
- Both boys had their first ever volleyball games yesterday. Both teams lost. Haha. Oh well. They had fun and I thought they did pretty decent, all things considered!! Volleyball is not like soccer, at least not around here, where kids start playing at 2 years old. So it was pretty much everyone’s first time playing a real game. I found it mildly entertaining, as a past volleyball player myself. 😉 Okay, so there’s definitely room for improvement, but overall, not bad!!!
- After Asher’s game, we were headed home and he said he was “starving” and asked if we could get Chipotle. I wasn’t planning on lunch out, but I looked in my Chipotle app and saw I had a Reward for one free entree to use! Score. So I said sure. 🙂
- I spent a bunch of time in the late afternoon updating our financial spreadsheets. It was kind of a disorganized mess, due to lack of attention for too long. I still have a bit to go to get it fully caught up/ re-organized, but I made a ton of progress. Obviously with this big trip behind us, there will be oodles of charges coming through, so I wanted to get everything squared up and updated ASAP.
- I have a tendency to kind of….ignore updating our financial spreadsheets for long stretches of time. Because, I really don’t like $$ stuff. It’s boring, I’m not that good at it, finances give me a headache. But that’s not the best plan, because then it builds up and is even more work to straighten out. So I’m determined to STAY ON TOP OF THIS going forward!! It’s really not that hard if I just make sure to do it frequently. (*I could delegate this to Ivan, but I have certain ways I want it done…probably overcomplicated ways….and I created all the spreadsheets….so he sort of just lets me have at it. He monitors everything day to day/ keeps on top of all our accounts, balances, etc., but I do all the actual organizational piece.)
- You might have (maybe? hopefully?) noticed a NEW LOOK on my blog! I decided to move my blog from a self-hosted site over to a more simple WordPress.com site. It’s a long story, but basically I was having some technical issues on my old site (I think due to my hosting provider) that caused my blog to not pull in to (blog reader sites) like Feedly correctly. It would give an error message and never update with my new posts. So, my millions of followers (🤣😂) couldn’t see that I was posting.
- I tried and tried and tried over the past year to fix this- I spent way too much time AND money on this problem, to no avail. Finally I gave up and moved my site. Having the Support staff at wordpress.com able to help me troubleshoot things is worth a lot to me, too. I just don’t have time or the ability to become a website designer or coder in my spare time. This is a hobby, not my fulltime job. I need it to be easy.
- Hopefully you are seeing the new site (which I did actually set up/ lay out myself! Should be pretty similar to my old site, with some upgrades). And if you’re a Feedly user, check and see if you can see my new posts! They’d better be there…. hahaha.
- P.S. (A quick little self-promo plug: Feel free to subscribe by email!! There’s a spot right on my site to add your email so you can get every new post in your inbox. This is actually my personal favorite way to read blog posts- email subscription! It’s like a little treat then every time I see a new post from a favorite blog. 🙂 )
- P.P.S If you’re a fellow blogger and don’t have a “subscribe by email button” on your site, please consider adding one! I’d love to subscribe to yours too- I am way more consistent reading posts I can get in my email and am bummed when that’s not an option!
I am grateful for the wordpress.com support people!! I got “so far” on migrating my site and then got very stuck with a few last bits. After emailing the support, I woke up this morning to find everything resolved- they literally just did it for me! Hallelujah.