It’s been a good week. The vacation day on Tuesday definitely helped, too. Here are 5 random things for this Friday:
- Cross country is officially over. I mentioned the final two meets were cancelled, which was a HUGE bummer!! But such is life. They had their end of the season fun practice last night and parents were invited. The coach had organized some fun activities/ silly relay races/ etc. for the kids. It was a gorgeous fall afternoon, so that was great.
His fastest official 2 mile time was 15:33 and he got a cute certificate with his best time printed on it and a really special, personalized comment from the coach. Saving that for sure! I think he will definitely want to do XC next year. too. I think he was secretly a little irked that the last meets were cancelled, because he didn’t get the chance to go under 15:30 (random, but I get it). For a kid who “never liked running”, I’m really proud of how far he came.
2. It’s my birthday weekend!!
Turning 38 on Sunday. I’m officially at the age where I mix up how old I am. I’m turning 37. No, wait, I am 37. Am I turning 38 then? I guess so. Yeah, I think that’s right. hahaha. Only 2 more to go ’til 40. Eek. Better really cherish these last two years with a “3” in front of my age. 😉
I have no big plans for my b-day really but I’m totally fine with that! I’m looking forward to a mostly low key weekend. I’d like to maybe go for a little hike/walk somewhere pretty tomorrow, and I asked Ivan if he wanted to go out for coffee. My parents are coming too later tomorrow to be here for my birthday, so that will be fun.
The Packers play I think at noon on Sunday, so I thought it would be nice to maybe just go out somewhere to watch the game/ have lunch. Then in the evening we are going to a (gulp) HIGH SCHOOL open house night. Ethan’s only in 7th grade, so we have a little time, but we want to get a jump on considering where we will send the boys to high school. LITERALLY cannot believe I am even saying the words “high school” in reference to my child….
A few quotes I ran across this week:
3. “A fantastic question to ask yourself: “If you were a character in a book, what would your readers be yelling at you to do??”” – Eliezer Yudkowsky
What an interesting perspective!! I have thought of this before in terms of like, if a friend came to me with the same situation I am in (about whatever/ hypothetical situation), what would advice would I give them? It’s a good problem solving exercise.
4. “The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” – Mark Twain
Also love this! Very excellent point.
5. “You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.” – Warren Buffett
Hehe!! This is great, and funny. And true! (metaphorically speaking)
Have a great day!!
I am grateful for tea.