UGH. Well, I could have predicted this… that after a busy/full weekend right up until the very end, with zero prep for the week done, my 1st day back might be kind of a crummy day. Nothing BAD bad. Just kind of a yuck day.
Might as well get it off my chest, so here goes. Buckle up.
- Screwed up my morning routine by waking up and proceeding to lay in bed and scroll on my phone looking at Facebook instead of getting up on time. (Why? Why did I do that?)
- During said FB scroll time, I looked at some pics a girl I went to nursing school with posted (not really real friends- the FB acquaintance type of friend, you know the type). She shared pics from her 4th baby’s 1st birthday party- which was GORGEOUS. Like, too gorgeous. As in it looked like straight out of a magazine. All 4 of her kids did, actually, as well as she and her husband (they are a ridiculously good looking family and maybe have a personal stylist or something I do not have?? lol). Not to mention their (new? I think?) house in the country looks like a sprawling estate, legit with horses and ginormous windows and the most incredible kitchen. Which then all left me wondering if my kids’ (comparatively very cheap, I’m sure) 1st birthday party decorations from Party City with little zoo animals on them were totally tacky in comparison?? And also, did we totally miss the boat on, um, life? Cuz our house looks like a cracker box house compared to that one. Of course, these thoughts are completely ridiculous, because I have an absolutely amazing life (and gorgeous children), too. But, there you have it folks! The wonders of modern social media at work. 🙃
- So after that fun little morning digression, I got up (late) and didn’t end up having time for my walk. Took the boys to the bus at 7:38 sharp for their 7:42 pickup time….to see the bus pulling away from the stop. 😑 What the hey, bus driver?! Drove them to school (no big deal, it’s not that far, but just another pebble in the shoe…).
- Proceeded to have a day full of meetings, which I am not really used to (my job is traditionally low on meetings, but lately has been off the charts in the meeting territory, which is also driving me insane….).
- Had a packed full evening, too, during which I basically functioned as an actual taxi (or Uber driver, I guess, these days).
It went like this: Pick up E from bus at 3:30, to piano by 3:45. Went home in between to finish some work. Back to pick up E at 4:30. Drop E off at home. Drive to school, pick up A and neighbor from CC practice at 5:00. Drop her off. Home. Quick feed boys snacks/light dinner/ quiz E on flashcards for a test today. A ready for 1st swim practice of new season, sent him off with carpool by 5:45 while E and I left at same time for soccer carpool (my turn to drive!). Pick up 3 boys, drive out to other town ~15-20 minutes away for 6:30 practice (arrived by 6:15). Had time to kill….Bright spot in the day= treated myself to some Culver’s french fries, because, why not (spoiler- already failed at my challenge…restarting today….). Home from soccer by 8:15 or so…reviewed A’s math HW while Ivan was busy with the cousins/ brother (packing to leave today). House felt chaotic and in some disarray. Argument with E over weekday screen time policy.
- ALSO was crabby all afternoon because the swim practice schedule unexpectedly changed last minute yesterday for Wednesdays, which screws up my carefully crafted fall schedule, in which everything was going to fit in perfectly. ARGH. Super annoyed. So we now have a piano/swim conflict that I was not planning on, yet I can do nothing about it at this point.
So, yeah! It just was a day. Nothing bad bad. We are all healthy, blessed, etc etc….yeah yeah. 😉
I also knew in advance that on days when I have to drive carpool + the kids are double booked (i.e. TUESDAYS), it might not be pretty. Fortunately, Tuesday is not everyday, and I think our schedule is much more reasonable all the other days. (And, I don’t even drive carpool every Tuesday.)
Coming off the long weekend + house guests though just really didn’t do me any favors, either.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!!!! 😄😄😄
I am grateful for Google Calendar. I’m typically an “on paper” planner, but use Google Cal too- and it has been especially amazing for keeping track of different carpools (yay color coding).