This was the first weekend in a long time that we had a pretty wide open/ empty weekend. (Well, after Asher’s Regional swim meet on Friday night, anyway.)
I was almost giddy with excitement at the idea of just having large spans of time with NO plans again. Next weekend is Asher’s State for swimming, from Friday- Sunday out of town (staying at my parent’s house). The following weekend Asher leaves for camp, and then the next Saturday we leave for vacation already!!
I feel like I have a list a mile long of things to do before then. Road trips, especially national park type trips, seem to require a good amount of “stuff” along. So packing always feels like a bit of a chore. I’m also trying to finalize any research/planning about things we want to see and do while on our trip.
Here’s my weekend in list format.
- VOLUNTEERED for the first time at a swim meet since February 2020. (Also, first time being inside and really watching a meet, too.)
- Stayed up super late every night. (Bucks game (WIN!) Saturday/trip planning and reading until too late…)
- Sat outside on deck both Saturday and Sunday (Saturday= reading, Sunday= talking with Ivan.) After sleeping in Sunday and then mostly just lounging around/ sitting on the deck until too late, I suddenly exclaimed, “Oh my gosh. I have totally wasted this whole morning! I have a ton of stuff I should have gotten done.” To which Ivan replied, “You’re sitting on the deck. Isn’t this why people have decks? To sit on them on the weekends???” True, and good point.
- Cleaned the kitchen while Ivan played soccer on Saturday and kids were outside (enjoyed a quiet house + music)
- Got a TON of details figured out for our out East trip! (Though spent way too long…worked on this both Saturday and Sunday. Honestly, it was a bit overwhelming at first, as there is so much stuff to see and do out there!! I didn’t know a lot about some areas and it just took me a while to sort it all out. I have a better handle on it now, though. Feeling better and more prepared now.)
- Puttered around in the yard, watered flowers, weeded some flower beds.
- exercise (except for a Saturday afternoon bike ride with Asher while Ethan at friend’s house)
- walk (even though it was gorgeous out!)
- listen to any podcasts
- clean out my closet, like I said I would
- cook much besides very simple things like some over easy eggs/ toast and some quesadillas
- add the bananas to some “banana nut muffins” that I made. Oops. After I bit in, I thought, “hmm, these don’t taste very “banana-y” for some reason, and they are a bit dry”….as my gaze fell on the bananas, still sitting on the counter. So much for using up my old bananas. (face palm)
- Take any pictures after this one Friday night! (rare for me 😉 )
I am grateful for a friend who sent me a bunch of tips about Acadia National Park! It has helped to guide my planning for that portion of the trip. 🙂 (I love sharing my own trip advice/experience with others, too, so maybe it was good karma coming around and smiling on me. haha.)