It’s officially fall today! The weather is taking a sudden dive precisely on the Autumn Equinox here today- it was 85 on Monday, and here is the current temp and forecast:
Probably going to feel a bit shocking! But ’tis the season.
We are also moving officially into what I consider “the holiday season”. It is now definitely appropriate to put up fall decorations. (I’ve even seen a few Halloween decorations up already, though I personally usually wait until October 1 for any spooky stuff.)
Once fall starts, it’s all a downhill slide into the mush of Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Asher’s/my Dad’s birthday, Christmas, and finally, New Years.
This is also what I consider “Gratitude Season”. I mean, gratitude should be a focus all year long, but there’s something about the cozy fall + holiday season and all the traditions that really bumps gratitude up and into focus.
So, in honor of fall and “gratitude season”, here is a current (random) gratitude list.
I am grateful……
- for being back in ROUTINES
- for school for the kids. We love our school, and I’m just so glad they’re back and having a largely normal year- finally!
- for being back in the gym! Still going well. So grateful to have an exercise outlet that I enjoy, that my gym is a 5 minute walk away, and, I’m grateful for my new EmPowered Fitness workouts! LOVING them!
- for our fall schedule going pretty smoothly so far, miraculously. (Asher is temporarily/ indefinitely out of cross country due to ongoing foot pain, however! So that’s really sad, but, on the plus side- has freed up our schedule a bit??)
- that leads to the next one- I’m grateful the sports med clinic was able to get him in ASAP for an appointment (called on Monday, got appt. for today!). Apparently, they can expedite appts for athletes who are “in season”.
- for the shrimp tacos we had last night. (I had reserved half a bag of shrimp when I made the shrimp ceviche on Sunday.) They were sooooo good. Ivan said about 14 times, “Mmm.. these are so good.” Made Mexican rice on the side along with yellow summer squash and sauteed onion, plus some delicious fresh avocadoes, and refried beans and corn tortillas…. the whole combination was great.
- for fireplace season! YES.
- for living somewhere with 4 seasons. I really, really enjoy this, deep down. Every new season, I always think about this, so it must be a core truth for me. As soon as one season starts to get old, poof! A new one comes around the corner. I honestly find joy in every single season in Wisconsin. I don’t think I’d like living somewhere that always had basically the same weather- be it warm/sunny or cold/rainy! FALL is probably Wisconsin’s best season, though, I have to say! It’s incredible.
- for a healthy body that can walk long distances and lift up heavy things
- for a healthy family
- for it almost being time to decorate for Halloween! I LOVE how my house looks with the fall decor up and orange lights and pumpkins. So festive and it literally warms my heart non-stop once it’s all up. The kids love it, too.
- for people who take time out of their day to leave me comments on my blog. I honestly always feel so grateful that people even read this, and when people drop me a comment, it just feels so nice. It lights up my day, so thank you!
- for the pretty sky last night when I walked to meet Asher after soccer. It was a crisp evening and there was just a touch of the smell of fall in the air….
Do you associate fall with “gratitude season”? Or is that just me, haha. Obviously November + Thanksgiving is a big one here in the U.S., but I feel it all the way from September to December.
What are you feeling grateful for right now? Anything come to mind?