- Living the school/life balance right now. They just finished 1st Quarter last week and got their report cards. Straight A’s for both! I was super happy to see that they really seemed excited and to care about this.
- Thanksgiving break is coming up. They will have the entire week off instead of just a couple days this year. They like school a lot, but REALLY like days off. 😉
- Cooking with Ethan: He helped me make dinner last night while Asher had a piano lesson. He basically made the scalloped potatoes alone, from scratch. I made the meatloaf. It was fun to do with him and he was really into it/ wanted to do all the steps by himself.
- Feeling pretty good about the state of our home after the little cleaning extravaganza this past week. Too bad it doesn’t last….
- I got our outdoor Halloween decorations all down/ put away during the mild weather. Now time to think about Christmas already! I’ve noticed LOTS of people already have lights up AND turned on this year. Must be a pandemic thing, trying to make all merry and bright. 🙂
- Productivity-wise, I’ve been feeling pretty great at work. Time blocking my schedule helps me a ton.
- Yesterday I attended a webinar presentation by a Transplant Infectious Disease specialist. The Transplant department offers frequent in-services on a variety of topics for continuing education purposes. Although in my current role I don’t do clinical patient care anymore, the topics are still all very relevant to my work, too. I’ve been trying to make a point to attend as many as I can. I mean, why not? Get paid to learn stuff? Sounds great to me. I actually really like sitting and taking notes during them. Brings out my inner nerdy student, I guess.
- We had a random “weeknight date” last night to check out a brand new international grocery store in town. They just opened a couple weeks ago and we’ve been curious about it. We had fun just browsing the aisles- they have a LOT of interesting foods! Never heard of over half of them. Besides Mexican, we don’t really cook many international foods. But maybe having this place near will encourage us to try some new cuisine. I hope the store does well. It’s a small family owned place and the people seem GREAT!
- Been starting to think a lot about my planner/journal system and if I want to change anything for 2021. I might do a little series next week breaking down my current productivity systems. Maybe that will help me evaluate them a bit. I’ve been super intrigued by Sarah’s post and podcast episode about the Wonderland222 planner…looks pretty amazing but it would require some logistical shifts from what I do now. Change can be hard. Haha.
- I have like 3 workouts left in the Morning Meltdown 100 program on Beachbody. I like it so much, I think I might repeat it! I missed a lot of days way back in the beginning so it got pretty stretched out. I kind of want to do the whole program again now that I’m back to working out everyday. They have the 100 day program with shorter workouts, or you can double up most days and complete in 60 days (which is what I want to do).
I am grateful for Ivan having the day off for Veteran’s Day. I don’t (and the kids have school, too), but I’m planning to take an extended lunch break and sneak in an episode of our show together or something to hang out for a little bit. 🙂