|Tea + Outside = Perfect start to the day|
Good morning! I just rolled out of bed a bit bleary eyed. We were over at friend’s house in the neighborhood last night to hang out on their deck and have a bonfire. It was the most beautiful summer night- warm and humid- and the boys had fun running around with their friends. The adults had some drinks and snacks and it was all just great!
But, now I’m a wee bit sleepy. When we got home, the boys and Ivan all went straight to bed (it was almost 11 I think) but I got a weird second wind and decided to turn on the first episode of The Babysitters Club that everyone is talking about. At almost midnight. Why? I don’t know. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on the blog, but in case you haven’t heard, Netflix has released a new series remake of “The Babysitters Club” books. I was OBSESSED with them as a kid, had the whole series and read them all on repeat. It’s been a looooong time though since I’ve read one, so I was super excited to watch this and take a stroll down memory lane.
The first episode didn’t disappoint! Obviously they have updated it to be more “modern day”, with cell phones and internet existing, but they seem to be doing a good job of smoothly merging the good ‘ol days with current life and the characters/ casting all seem very on point!
I’ve got a bunch on my list today. We were gone all those days last weekend and are planning to go up north to the U.P. in Michigan next weekend, so I’ve got a bunch of stuff I want to do today.
Namely, make sure to be ready for THIS GUY’S big golden 12thbirthday tomorrow (!!!!!):
|His last morning as an 11 year old. Waaaaaaaah!!!!!|
Other stuff on the agenda:
- Target run!
- Asher wants me to take him somewhere to pick up a little gift from him to Ethan too
- Library hold pick up (placed a hold on The Bear and the Nightingale. As part of my challenge to read 5 books from genres I normally don’t this year, I selected this one as a “folklore” read. It is set in medieval Russia and has fantastic reviews…we shall see! It’s a trilogy. Definitely not my normal genre of choice, but excited to try it!)
- A few hours of work this morning (office cleaning took longer than expected the other day so making up a little bit of time)
- Some cleaning!! I want to just really straighten the house of random clutter lying around and want to clean my bedroom
- Wrap Ethan’s presents
- Should probably go yank some weeds from my garden too. We had monsoon-like rain a couple days this week! Better check on that.
Enjoy your Saturday!
P.S. Note to all: never use the hashtag #chores on Instagram. Just a word from the wise. 😊 Trust me. 😉
I am grateful for the birds! I love waking up to the sound of them outside, and I love sitting on my deck listening to their songs. Nature would be so quiet and different without them! Thank you birdies for always singing to me everyday!!