Good morning! How is your weekend going?
I’m writing this later than usual because I slept in and was having tea in the sunroom with Ivan, just chatting and making a little game plan for the day.
|I am loving how GREEN everything is finally!!
I have a pretty long list of “stuff” that I/ we need to get done in the next, I don’t know, couple of weeks, ideally. Thank goodness we have no real outside plans yet at this point, or I’m not sure how we’d get it all done!
A few big items include:
- more storage room cleaning
- cleaning out our garage and shed (specifically, gathering old stuff/ junk and making a big haul to the landfill and/or Goodwill)
- finish painting deck rails! (needs to happen TODAY as weather is perfect and supposed to be hot and/or rainy later this week)
- get my boots and sweaters out of my closet! I always store them in the basement in the summer
- weed out kids’ clothes that don’t fit anymore. They have grown and we need to do some inventory.
- continue work on transferring photos to Amazon photos. I’ve made some progress but have a long way to go
- help Ethan to clean out and organize his closet
- plant my garden, hopefully tomorrow! Still haven’t gotten around to this. I did all that flower work last weekend and just had a hard time getting in the mood to go back and pick up plants and deal with the actual garden this week
- return a bunch of flooring and tile samples to various stores that have been sitting in our sunroom for ages
- end of month financial check in
Obviously we are not doing all of that stuff today! Going to prioritize the deck rails this morning I think and maybe weeding out some of the kids’ clothes and at least getting my boots/ winter shoes carried downstairs.
I need to fit in my workout at some point too (starting the 6thand final week of Beachbody on Demand’s “The Work”! Sad it’s almost over!) and I’d like to at least start on looking at and updating our end of month finance spreadsheet later tonight.
I think this afternoon we are going to meet my parents at a nearby bike trail and go for a longer ride! Weather looks beautiful- mid 70’s and full sunshine.
So far it has been a nice weekend with a combination of getting some stuff done (deep cleaned the kitchen yesterday while watching the Space X coverage, mopped the floors, Ivan cut the grass and did the edges, a little bit of work stuff) and relaxing (read on the deck with Ivan yesterday morning, made nachos last night, watched a movie with the kids Friday evening, and watched the Space X launch as a family).
How’s your weekend going?? What plans do you have for the rest of the day?
Meditate: Nope. My Meditation May has been sort of a success, sort of a failure. More on that to come.
Read: 45 minutes
Nachos! I am grateful that somebody, somewhere once decided it would be a good idea to smother tortilla chips with refried beans, cheese and in our case, the most delicious pico de gallo. (There are many varieties- this is just our favorite). I LOVE nachos and am grateful for them during every bite, every time I eat them. 🙂