My concentration has been CRAP the last couple of weeks. I thought last week was just an outlier week, since my head was wrapped up in figuring out the garage stuff.
But we got some of that resolved (at least some decisions made, I think, and even a lot of actual progress in putting things back together) last weekend. And my concentration is still crap this week. (Though maybe moderately better, I guess.)
I just can’t seem to keep my brain focused on one thing for more than 5 minutes before my thoughts start flitting to something else. It’s driving me quite insane.
It’s not even my phone that is a distraction right now- it’s more my own thoughts, or competing desires to “check things/ work on things/ accomplish things” that seem to be pulling me in many different directions. I’m not the best at just turning it off. I need to take some items on the list and just shove them aside, and say NOPE, not right now…not even thinking about you right now. Come back later! But that doesn’t seem to be working!
Anyway, it has made for a trying workweek, because obviously I need to FOCUS on my work and I feel more like a crazy squirrel looking for a nut or something.
On the plus side, we’ve made some good progress on misc. things around here.
- I bought some cabinets for the garage! They don’t completely solve our storage issues, but it’s a nice start.
- All of our garage stuff is out of the basement!! It took forever and I almost passed out from exhaustion, but after 85 trips up and down the stairs, all of the bins are out of my storage room. We spent 3 hours dumping everything onto the garage floor Sunday afternoon and weeded stuff out, threw stuff away, made a donate pile….YES. Felt amazing to have that done. Everything is now at least temporarily homed somewhere functional for the winter.
- We cleaned out our backyard shed. This was another huge and tiring job. But also feels amazing.
- I took a van load of stuff to the landfill (I know, sad…but this stuff was truly landfill-worthy. Like, broken junk/ stuff that could not be re-purposed).
- I made a trip to St. Vinny’s to offload some other re-usable items.
- Remember that pretty golden tree I posted the other day? Well, in about 24 hours it dropped >75% of its leaves. So the boys and I worked outside for 2 1/2 hours after school Wednesday cleaning all of that up. (Ivan spent ALL last weekend cleaning up the rest of our yard for fall…).
- I hung holiday pictures in my new frames in the basement! These are intended to display travel photos, eventually, but for the holiday season I ordered some past Christmas pictures. I walk past these frames about 20 times a day, so I’m loving this. 🙂
- AND…as mentioned… we put up a big chunk of our Christmas decorations Monday night.
- I also kind of started Christmas shopping- I have officially purchased some things for my nieces/nephew, something for my Dad, and a couple things for my Mom! REALLY need to get going on the boys’ gifts, though….
JEESH, no wonder I’m tired. This is quite a list for 1 week. I was feeling really annoyed with myself that after a solid month of perfect attendance, I haven’t made it to the gym this week. (Grrrrr……I WILL NOT let this habit slide away again! I’m going this morning, no matter what.) But I guess I have done plenty of other things.
Thought of the Day:
Don’t be so hard on yourself. The mom in E.T. had an alien life form living in her house for days and she never even noticed. 😄
I am grateful that the headache I had yesterday morning WENT AWAY promptly after some Ibuprofen. I had scheduled my booster vaccine for yesterday a.m. (through work, for hospital employees, so that’s why I was eligible) but cancelled it when I woke up with a bad headache. Didn’t want to add potential vaccine symptoms to my already pounding head… Will have to reschedule for next week.