We are currently sitting pretty here on this first week of school, because fall activities aren’t quite in full swing yet. I just spent 10 minutes adding upcoming events/practices to my calendar though, so I thought I’d share what’s on the docket.
🔷Soccer is his big one. Practice = 3x/ week
- Monday 5:30-7 (here in town)
- Tuesday 6:30-8 (another town, 15 minutes away, will move earlier as daylight fades (honestly already happening, so I don’t really know why they scheduled it so late?)
- Thursday 6:30-8 (another town, 15 minutes away)
- Then of course, games on weekends, and he has tournaments from Friday- Sunday on 2 weekends.
🔷 Piano (fall session hasn’t resumed yet, though)
- Tuesdays right after school, 3:45-4:30
🔷Big news for him is that he just joined the school Cross Country team!! He’s not historically been the biggest fan of long distance running, but it’s amazing what you can suddenly be “into” when all of your friends are doing something. 😄😄
- Practice is Tuesday/ Thursday, right after school from 3:30-5. (YES! We have finally made it to the days of “stay after school for practice so your mom doesn’t need to drive you”.)
- Meets= scattered Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons, mostly
- The verdict after one week of practice? LOVES IT. Who knew.
- (impending doom dots…. mostly joking…just because swim team takes up a LOT of Asher’s time..)
- Practices for his (more advanced group) are: M 7:10-8:25, T 6-7:15, W 5:30-6:45 (A.M.!!), Th 7:45-9, F 7:20-8:30 and Saturdays TBD.
- Yep. That’s a lot of days. Granted, it’s not exactly required to go to all of them- at his level, they try to offer many different options though, since most kids do swim at least 3-4 days, if not more.
- I’m actually grateful for many options this year, so when he has Cross Country meets, he can still swim other days.
- Tuesdays 3:45-4:30 (overlapped with Cross Country! So I was able to work out a temporary shift to Wednesday for piano until CC ends.)
🔷 Band (during school hours!!)
The biggest, most exciting thing that I feel the need to practically shout from the rooftops, is that after a zillion text chain threads with soccer moms (Ethan) and swim moms (Asher), I officially have CARPOOLS worked out for both of them!!
And….. (this is the crazy part), except for when it’s my turn to drive for soccer (which we will do a whole week at a time, so one parents drives all 3 days for one crappy week, but then doesn’t have to drive again at all for ~4 weeks (4 kids in carpool)….I will not have to drive to any activities at all Monday- Thursday! (*Well, minus piano which is close and pickups from cross country, also very close.)
For swim carpool, I agreed to take the Friday night shift, which kinda sucks in its own right, but due to potential CC meets, it just made sense. And, in reality it is much less disruptive to the rest of my life’s schedule to drive on a lazy Friday night versus a busy Tuesday.
What’s your fall schedule looking like?? Ours looks busy on paper (and in reality, too, I’m sure) but the carpool thing is going to SAVE MY LIFE. And, the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE carpooling with friends sooooo much.
I am grateful for returning to some morning walks this week!