A Sunday gratitude brain dump:
- We got to watch Ethan’s soccer game last night, and my parents met us there. He scored the first goal of the game and it was a beautiful one. I’m grateful no one blinked, looked away, accidentally missed it, etc. 🙂 (Every parent with kids in sports knows what I mean?? Why does this always seem to happen?! Haha.)
- Grateful for warmer weather coming this way this week- like 70’s and maybe even 80!!
- I’m happy to have nowhere to go today so I can get a few things done and just enjoy the day here. Grateful for the small, (masked) swim carpool that SAVES my life from having to drive Asher to all 4 practices/ week (saves hours of my week, since practices are all being held out of town- 20-30 minutes away).
- I’m grateful for reading. I can’t believe, looking back, how little I read between probably my college years (2001-2006) and a couple years ago. It’s like I had it in my head that I was “too busy” with babies/work/life to read. I’m so annoyed with the time I missed!! How many more books I could have read! There is time! There is always time for what we want to do. 🙂
- Grateful for the new book I’m reading, The Giver of Stars, set in post-Depression America in the mountains of Kentucky.
- I’m grateful for the show This is Us! I’ve been loving watching this many nights with Ivan. So good, so many great topics, so fun to watch. I look forward to every episode. (For anyone wondering, we did finally find out how Jack died…a while ago now. That episode was every bit as heart wrenching as I feared/hoped it might be. 🙂 )
- Grateful for: birds!!!! I feel the birds around here are singing louder than ever before this year!! I love their songs. Sunshine, flowers, the smell of spring. (Though sitting with chattering teeth in drizzling, 50 degree rain at the soccer game last night, I was again reassured as to why I dislike spring in Wisconsin so much…just sayin’….). Excited for a taste of “real” spring this week.
Thought of the Day:
It’s up to you to see the good in every day.