FINALLY feels like Christmas!!
After a week of weirdly warm, sunny weather, we got our first bigger snowfall last night (currently- still snowing!). I’m sorry, but it just does not feel like Christmastime to me when it’s sunny and warm! No offense to anyone living in a warm climate, but it just doesn’t work for me. In June, YES!!! December….no. 🙂
I think I’m also an oddball in that in the wintertime, I actually prefer cloudy days. For me they go along with the whole “cozy” feeling of winter. A bright sunny day makes me feel like I should be out and about, doing stuff, acting all chipper and cheery. And in the winter, I LOVE just snuggling up with a blanket, something warm to drink, the fireplace on, twinkle lights….
I never feel depressed or down in the winter, like some people struggle with. I guess I personally just like to totally lean into the season, and then in the spring/summer (and much of fall), I lean into the sunshine, too! (Honestly, we get a lot of sunny days in the winter too, if you count them.)
The boys were excited to see the snow until Ivan clapped his hands and said, “Okay! You and you- get out there and shovel!” 🙂
- I’m working this morning for a few hours. I made a last minute decision yesterday afternoon to duck out and run a few errands I needed to do. I knew it was going to be snowy, yucky and probably crowded out places today, so it seemed like a smart trade. I’m fine with it- I actually don’t mind working for a few short hours on weekend mornings at all, especially when it’s by choice! Balance.
- This afternoon- going to make a couple batches of Christmas cookies!
- My new Christmas books arrived, so I want to start reading one with the boys.
- Probably some “chore” type stuff- the boys need to clean their bathrooms, my room can use some attention and Ivan and I are going to sort through gifts we’ve bought and finalize a “What we Still Need to Get” list. We’re pretty much done shopping for the boys but still need a few things for others.
- Maybe a snow walk later??? Or, trying out the hot tub in the SNOW!!!
I’m grateful for the beauty of snow. It’s hard to beat a blanket of glistening, white crystals everywhere!