- Some alone time! Ivan and the boys rented the indoor soccer field at the gym for an hour after work. I stayed home, put some music on and cooked dinner by myself. It was really relaxing!
- Later, they watched a movie and I sat in the sunroom and finished a good book I have been reading for way too long…
- I had a few hours of work to do, so I took the morning to work while Ivan cut the grass and cleaned the master bathroom.
- After I worked, I did my workout – a full body HIIT from Lift 4 plus Barre Blend Upper Body
- In the afternoon we made a meal plan for the week and then I went grocery shopping. We needed a pretty full haul.
- In the evening we all went to the gym- Ethan and Ivan went to the indoor soccer field to practice, Asher and I swam laps followed by a little hot tub time. We all met up after in the gym’s bar/restaurant and the kids got a soft pretzel and cheese as a snack!
- Later, the kids went to a neighbor’s for a movie night so Ivan and I got to watch a couple episodes of “The Good Wife”. We had my sister-in-law’s delicious pozole for dinner that she so graciously shared with us!
- I got up early to write my blog post, journal, etc. for a while
- Per Ivan’s request, we went out for breakfast for Father’s Day. He’s a big fan of “breakfast out”- pancakes, coffee, eggs, etc. I can take it or leave it, so this isn’t something I request much, personally. But, since it was Father’s Day, that’s what we did! It was fun. The kids were especially talkative and it was just a nice time.
- In the afternoon we drove about 45 minutes to meet up with my parents at Kettle Morraine State Forest, Lapham Peak for a hike. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we had the best time! The trails were beautiful, not too challenging but varied terrain through the woods. One of my goals for this year was to try some new hikes, and now I can officially say we checked one off the list! I would like to return to this park- there are many more trails to try.
- After the hike we all went up the road to a brewery for dinner. The restaurant was quiet and we had a corner table in the bar area. It was really great!
- We closed out the night at home by watching the first episode of The Last Dance, the ESPN mini-series about Michael Jordan. So far, it’s very interesting!
I am grateful that we got home safely yesterday. There was a big accident on the interstate ahead of us and it was completely shut down. We had to reroute off the major highway. Prayers for anyone involved. I’m grateful for our safe return home.